Thursday 1 March 2012

Preview Post: The 90s, with Jeremy Scott and Ashish

 [Images via Style.com and presented by me]. 
Jeremy Scott's show was a myriad of pop culture references from the 90s onwards.

Ashish's collection was also 90s-heavy, with the smiley face, yin and yang and many modern hippie references that channelled a Brit on a 'Gap Yah' style adventure.

This week I've been writing for This Affected Youth on the influence of the 1990s on both Ashish and Jeremy Scott's collections for A/W 2012. Although they took them in different directions, there were many shared symbols and themes in their designs, and I couldn't help but compare the two. 

To see the full post, please click here for This Affected Youth does Fashion Week.

2 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to see Asish at fashion week!
    there is a review on my blog and a video.

    I love the 90's come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so lucky, Laura! It looked like an amazing collection.

      Polly x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...