Monday 7 November 2011

Teasers for this month - spikes, snow and vintage style


[Image via Zazzle].
It's been far too long since I last blogged, as my new job has unintentionally collided with my guest blogging stint for the feminist organisation Bitch Media (who created Bitch magazine, and run the accompanying website). I apologise for any delay in posts on this site whilst I get into the swing of my new blogging routine! You'll find me writing about the juicy subject of 'Art and Feminism', so there'll be much less fashion but still a keen eye on design.

In the mean time, I thought I'd give you all a heads-up on what to expect over the next few weeks on this blog (sort of like a sweetener). You can expect:

  • An in-shop review of River Island's spikey shoe trend, as well as their simple but brilliant wintery shop windows - whoever thought them up must be breathing a sigh of relief at not having to break out snow spray or fake snowflakes for another year
  • Unexpected style icons - drivers and passengers at one of Britain's best loved vintage car rallies
  • An upcoming Australian designer whose clothing you'll be lusting over - think modernist art punk
  • The allure of French jewellery that has conceptual fashion written all over it
  • The best Christmas window displays
Plus, of course, some random unexpected posts that will just pop into my head; well, you've got to be spontaneous when the mood takes you.

I hope you're all surviving the short November days and making the most of the countdown to Christmas.

Polly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...