Tuesday 23 August 2011

Vintage Accessories


I bought this very retro ticket holder from Oxfam for £5. It's incredibly organised and has that edge of glamour that modern travel really doesn't conjour up (delays, airport lounges, bad coffee anyone?). So please let me indulge in my dream of travelling in style with this little gem.


Sometimes you just want to roll the dice and see where you end up.


This picnic hamper was another local Oxfam purchase - £4 but very sturdy. It's not one of those posh ones that has different sections, but it will certainly do the job as an alternative piece of luggage for day trips. The hat is from Urban Outfitters in New York (though it's a couple of years old, but you can pick up similar bowlers in a wide range of shops at the moment).


The beauty of wicker is that it's intricately made and it shows good old-fashioned craftsmanship. It's also remarkably resilient. In case you're wondering, my cameo print duvet in the background is from Primark (£10).

What are your favourite vintage accessories, either genuine or modern copies? And are you enjoying the huge vintage revival at the moment in fashion, or do you crave a bit of futurism for a change (a la Versus by Versace)? Personally I love the retro look as it's very British and a little bit eccentric at times, with clashing patterns, but I know it's not everyone's cup of tea.

4 comments:

  1. I love all of these things, especially jealous of the travel wallet! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I just need to travel somewhere really stylish now and I will be set... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I've been looking for cameo bedding so long!! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want the cameo bedding so bad

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...