Monday 11 July 2011

Wedding Style a la France, Part 2: Accessorising


This dj accidentally accessorized with a silver handbag (don't think it was his own). I was a bit shocked by his elaborate sideburns, but actually they really suited his look, which was very retro with an upturned collar and flared trousers.


A closer look at my friend Tania's shoe-boots. They are very glamorous and I don't know how she walks in them, but she does so very gracefully. As I mentioned in my previous post, they're from New Look.


The wedding decor really reflected the couple's relationship. They met whilst doing amateur dramatics, so each table was adorned with Venetian masks and was given the name of a French film to do with love or relationships, such as Il y a longtemps que je t'aime (I've loved you so long, which stars the brilliant Kristen Scott-Thomas as a woman reconnecting with her family after a spell in prison for a love-related crime). This really made the reception feel special and the theme worked very well.


Each guest's place was marked by a little paper waistcoat (for the men) or dress (for the women) on a gold hanger made from wire. It was a simple but effective way to show us all to our seats.


This was my place setting, and I took it home afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...