Wednesday 6 April 2011

Madam, I Want Your Petalled Coat



I'm a big fan of the handkerchief hem, so it was unsurprising that I had to whip out my camera when I spotted this fantastic example of possibly the most feminine (without being stereotypically pink, fluffy or naff) and graceful silhouette in tailoring. Whilst the classic hourglass Mad Men-esque figure that's in fashion at the moment is not attainable for those of you with a slender, boyish, athletic or broad build, the handkerchief hem manages to create the illusion of a tiny waist and rounded hips, without the need for painful underwear or surgical procedures. What's more, the excess fabric falls in a flattering way, much like petals (cue the photo of my daffodils, in case you've forgotten what a good bunch looks like).

This woman was not only wearing an amazing coat, she was wearing the creme de la creme of amazing coats; a £250 Topshop Unique specimen which mixes different forms of classic outerwear. The shoulder section is a burnt orange/rust red coloured mac, which is then fastened to the heavier main body of the coat, in an olive plaid. Trust me, if there had been a way of magicking this thing away from the wearer and into my bag, I'd have done it. So shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...