Saturday 23 April 2011

Boston Street Style






In general, the style in Boston was not as striking as I'd hoped. Americans tend to rely on basics and classic rules of dressing - simple shift dresses, bags in 'safe' colours, plaid shirts, utilitarian sportswear for those outdoor adventures. This is the country that brought us denim (for which I am extremely grateful) but it also brought us Lady Gaga, though you'd scarcely believe it sometimes. I do like the fact that Bostonians are not as slavish with their trends, as New York dressers are, but I wish that more people would be adventurous with their choices. The coolest look I saw was the man sitting down on the grass in Boston Common (photo 3), wearing a bowler hat and a long stone trench coat, which is the typical uniform of the female Shoreditch dweller in London but it looked totally fresh on him.
Anyway, above are some examples of what I discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...