Sunday 28 March 2010

The Nearest Thing to McQueen


I bought this top in Zara after falling in love with its spectrum of colours. It really reminded me of the cyber-meets-tribal Alexander McQueen dresses that are being photographed a lot at the moment. Sadly, I'm never going to be able to afford one, or even the diffusion McQ line, especially as demand has rocketed since the designer's passing (RIP). I think I'll remember him most fondly for the tartan dress he put Sarah Jessica Parker in a few years ago (possibly at the Metropolitan Museum?). His posthumously released collection went back to these kind of 'heritage trend' roots as well, with thick fabrics - in a similar vein, I added a crown necklace to my top, although mine was far from regal and came from Poundland. Anyway, this top just kind of puts me in a McQueen mood. I saw a similar one in Bershka the other day, so clearly there's something in the water...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...